About Lambrecht’s Jewelers

“Nothing lends itself so readily to the form of a gift as jewelry – high-grade jewelry. When it is of lasting quality, it serves to remind us

of the present long after some other gift might be forgotten. It is never out of place and always appropriate.”

William Lambrecht, 1909

Lambrecht's Jewelers 126 year iconThe Big Jewelry Store, Wm. Lambrecht, proprietor, was opened in 1892 near Milwaukee and Western Avenues in Chicago. The business was staffed by watchmakers, optometrists, silversmiths and jewelers. It came to be known as the largest jewelry store outside of Chicago’s downtown area.

The business was known by a landmark street clock which was located on Milwaukee Avenue. Lambrecht’s also supplied the regulator clocks for the elevated stations throughout the city, and employed a person to go from station to station to personally wind and set the clocks.

The foundation of quality goods, value and personal service have been hallmarks through four generations of the Lambrecht family who have been involved in the business. The tradition continues in the second shop in Wilmette, now catering to fourth generation customers, with great-grandchildren Matthew and Beth Lambrecht running the business today.

126
YEARS

Basic Time-Honored Traditions Remain

Our business has changed some in 100 plus years. Optometrists are no longer a part of the jewelry business, and there aren’t as many calls for lorgnettes or collar buttons these days, but the basics of our business remain constant.

How May We Serve You?

847.251.3284

CONTACT US